Sunday, April 29, 2007

MY FAVORITE HYMN

I never really thought about how hymns fill us, though I do read the occasional history of a hymn when visiting Kris Todd. It does however make perfect sense - that I fill more joyful and hopeful after either listening to a hymn or listening to some great gospel music. I just love listening to "The Faith Man Quartet" c.d. that I got at the ladies conference. It always lifts me and inspires me to do more good things and reminds me that I have to stay on track for Jesus. My favorite hymn ( the refrain is the only part I know and sing) is " HE KEEPS ME SINGING" and I catch myself singing it over and over again on many days. I love it as it motivates me to clean my house and keeps me going..... This song stays in my head so therefore I looked it up. I would have never guessed that Luther Burgess Bridges back in 1910 had lost his family to a house fire. The part I know anyway goes.....
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus sweetest name I know fills my every longing
keeps me singing as I go."
I have many that I truly enjoy but my other all time favorites is "ARE YOU WASHED" and "TAKE THE NAME OF JESUS WITH YOU". I ask myself why I choose to share this with you and I don't really know- It's what was in my heart . Thank you for listening.

3 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm glad that God is encouraging you.

Debbie said...

That is wonderful. I LOVE "Isn't the Love of Jesus Something Wonderful". It was the first hymn I heard at Grace Baptist 5 years ago. Stayed in my head ever since.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - It is great that we can be encouraged through hymns.