Thursday, April 19, 2007

THE 2ND PART OF VACATION.

That was a long trip to Missouri from Arkansas. It has been years since I been down this far into Missouri and I don't recall back then these roads being this hilly or curvy. ( the major factors why I don't drive in WV). and I was driving!!! It was scary but manageable and worth the trip to see the family. We stayed 1 night 2 partial days and lots of things happened w/in this short time. The big issue was were to sleep ( they made room for us & it's hot- hot in their house) and normally we would stay in a hotel. Would you believe there was not a room available for Sikeston was the host of the " Red Neck Cook- Off " (lol) It's true as funny as it sounds. There was good & bad in this vacation. The good - we went to the cemetery and visited our loved ones & I thanked my Aunt Wanda/Jackie found some nice blouses for church at the outlet mall and the children had fun playing with their cousins. The bad - my Aunt Ann temporally stooped breathing & nearly passed out . She Quickly came to after her friend hit her in the back a couple times. For safety precautions she went to the hospital by ambulance and was found to have pneumonia. She was released within 2 hrs and given meds and orders to rest a few days. I thank GOD it wasn't something more serious for she has lots of health issues and they take care of their great grand kids who live w/ them. We also had a good laugh though, We were trying to figure out a way to get rid of My Uncle's new dog b/c it wouldn't stop barking and was scaring my son. ( not a dog to have around children) . It only calmed down when said "uncle" was present and giving it some attention. It was a good visit and not nearly as crazy as it usually is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Aunt was okay. It was nice that you were able to visit with your family.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Glad it was a good visit Kim.