Sunday, April 15, 2007

I refuse to Quit!

Wow!!! That was some sermon preached to us this morning. I never considered "quiting" as a sin though it does make perfect sense. It saddens me to think I used to urge people (even my own children) that this would be a sound proof way of avoiding being hurt. Who was I kidding? This attitude would've hurt everyone involved and resolved nothing. I still struggle and always will for the curves that live throws us, but I know I can't quit for it won't encourage anyone or lessen our burdens. I need to be here for my family and show the children that we have the strength to overcome even the darkest of times. It will be a long hard battle and one that I must fight and win to glorify God. And in my times of doubt I will remember Luke 1:37.

" FOR WITH GOD NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE"

p.S. THANK YOU PASTOR DAVE FOR AN INCREDIBLE SERMON!!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree ~ Pastor delivered a very powerful sermon! It is good to see you back!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

If you are not just the most encouraging thing! I will show this to Pastor Dave.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I just read what you said (it didn't come up before) and I want you to know that your insights and courage inspire me. I love you and I am sooo proud of your Christian faith. Keep on going!

Debbie said...

That is so true. The sermon was very good. If we all keep trying we will get someplace.

Anonymous said...

I agree it was a very good sermon. I'm glad you had a good time on your trip, it's good to have you back.

Kris's Korner said...

I am sooooo proud of you. You can doing anything with God's power. I love you. Keep up the good work friend.

Design.by.Kina said...

Luke 1:37 is my fav verse!

Mrs Karen G said...

Love your way of thinking , it was a good sermon, pastor does tend to make us think of things in his way of preaching, thats why I like "this" church, I learn , not just sit there and start to fall asleep, HUGS 2 u my bestest friend!
P.S... Love the Pic too...HUGS