Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The D's have it

When I think of the letter D some very special peolple come to mind, My own Daddy , Pastor Dave, Donna, Debbbie, & Denise. I think of Doctors and Dentists who help take care of us. My battle of depression and the drugs they prescribed which I don't need anymore since I've got Jesus on my side.

In the spring its brings us delight to go to the pond and listen to ducks quack and we pluck the dandelions up from their roots. We drive to the zoo and always discover something new. We always stop by the dolphins a favorite of ours.

I think of dimples that make a smile so cute, of dancing with the children which we all enjoy. I think of the crazy dog I have no more who would always leave by the front door.

I think of my children who just love their Daddy, and why it seems they are always getting dollars or why we get all happy when we see a dozen dunkin donuts sitting on the table. I think of homemade dumplings which my aunt always makes, or the time Grandpa made me buy a dress. I didn't care for dolls for I'd rather be out digging in the garden for something fresh to eat.
Oh the memories I cherish that long ago sitting on the front porch w/ grandpa having to learn to tie my shoes, It took all day but I was happy as could and now I say thank you for listening to me.

4 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm thankful for the delight of knowing YOU! I loved your list.

Anonymous said...

I love your list of "d's". I am thankful for the Day we met.

Mrs Karen G said...

love it!!!, my Dearest friend!!!
HUGS

Kris's Korner said...

I just love that you have VICTORY in the Lord over your Depression. Keep up the good work girl. I like your list.