Saturday, April 14, 2007

A challenging question that comes courtesy of Mrs, Julie's friend and one that we have probably asked ourselves a million times. Do you really have to be a mother to experience these instints? No, I believe it comes naturally to the femine gender as in :
  • . A sister: I loved the opportunity of helping to take of my youngest brother (Billy) daily needs being his cheerleader and just being there when he needed someone.

  • An Auntie: I enjoy talking and helping my many nieces and nephews when they are in need of anything within reason
  • .
  • A babysitter : Big responsibilities with lots of needs.
    .

    And the list goes on to include: A daughter, A granddaughter, A sister-in-law, A niece, A cousin and A friend. I think back on my childhood and recall how much my loved ones really sacrificed for me and how I apply these same things for my own children. So to me "A Great Mum" would be :
  • A protector that would keep her children safe at any cost.
  • A chauffeur that will drive their kids anywhere in any given weather condition.
  • A cook that will prepare them food of their liking, even if your sick of it.
  • A nurse that will be there to tend their aches & pains 24/7 .
  • A teacher who wants to help her children with their educational needs. and etc..
  • An alarm clock that tries hard to keep everyone on a timely schedule
  • A maid that cleans up their messes and does the laundry.
  • A seeker of their possessions that somehow got misplaced.
  • A companion that will stay with them when they don't want to be alone.
the list can go on and on but being a great mum quite simply consists of the basics of just being a loving, nurturing, compassionate, and patient person. All are qualities that each of us possess for it was The Lord that gave us these gifts.
.

3 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Love Your List Kim!

Anonymous said...

That is a great list Kim!

Mrs Karen G said...

You always have cool things to put on here, Love Ya, HUGS