Monday, August 27, 2007


Monday ~Wash Day ~ Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.
Tuesday ~ Ironing Day ~ Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.
Wednesday ~Mending Day ~ O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.
Thursday ~Cleaning Day~ Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.
Friday~ Shopping Day~ O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in
need of love.
Saturday~ Cooking Day~ Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.
Sunday ~ The Lord's Day ~O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

( This was an e-mail sent by my mother- I thought it was so beautiful and just couldn't resist the urge to share another thoughtful prayer.) So enjoy!!

12 comments:

JeanMac said...

Lots of food for thought there, Kim.Thanks for posting it.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

This was so nice, thanks for sharing it!

JeanMac said...

Kim, a bit ago you commented you made Beef or Steak fajitas.Would you be able to post the recipe or how you make them - if it's not too much trouble:)Thanks.

Trish said...

Very nice post! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Nice post Kim ~ Thanks for sharing!
Hope things are going well for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim. You seem seem to have a lot of friends who say nice things about you. I love having a kool sister. The post was nice too.

Debbie said...

That was good... makes you think.

R. L. Evans said...

I really enjoyed that little poem. I think I should hang it up on my wall.

Kris's Korner said...

Very nice. Thank You so much for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

I really like the poem Kim, thanks for sharing it.

Mrs Karen G said...

At first I thought you were talking about yourself, then i got to tuesday, LOL, this was very cute, thats for posting, always good to see stuff like this, thank you, HUGS

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)