Saturday, August 4, 2007

Crazy days.


Romeo Fest is here. It actually started Wednesday but we went Thursday night. It was wrist band night @ $15 each and you rode from 5pm-10pm. A great deal!! The girls got their money worth- but Matthew on the other hand didn't want anything to do w/ the rides this year. We walked around, watched the girls , and grabbed a bite. He heard me say fries and just started chanting "fies" and I couldn't resist but buying them. It all worked out a little latter- Daddy showed up and Matthew rode for him w/ a big smile. ( that child does a great job confusing me) smile for Daddy scream for Mommy what's that all about? About 8 pm. Daddy bought Matt and Jackie home- and I stayed w/ Amanda til closing. Though we did have fun - I was a little disappointed with ride selection. They didn't have much of anything for little ones and what they did have was put near the grass. I'm thinking next year they should call it Romeo/ Mosquito fest. The fest for the people and a feast for those pests. (Okay enough ranting Kimberly)
Anyway- I went for the same purpose I do every year. To chat w/ acquaintances that I hardly see through the summer months. Always lots of fun!! and to get exercise. It was a good size walk from the rides to the food vendors/sponsor tents. I did this walk 4 times. ( twice if you count back and forth) let me tell you!! That first trip had to count as a work out. The combination of the heat and carrying 20+ plus lbs on either hip or shoulder has to merit some title. ( I confess I didn't carry Matt the whole time but was walking fast anyway to catch up w/ him) and he led me to a great deal . The ROTC was selling pop @1.25 ea.- the big bottles and that was the best soda deal there.
So if any of you are interested and like fireworks- There is going to be a fireworks show this Sunday evening at 9:15 pm @ the Romeo Recreation Center on 135Th St. Til then have fun!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time and a great workout ta boot. Sorry you had to be mosquito bait, that's usually my job.

Kris's Korner said...

I hope to take my little people to the fireworks on Sunday after church. We will see. I'm glad you had fun.

JeanMac said...

Sounds like a good deal and fun times.

Debbie said...

I am glad you had time to spend together as a family. We truly enjoy the time we get to do that!