Tuesday, August 7, 2007

On the Home Front

I had a wonderful visit w/ our family who is visiting from West Virginia. They spent the night last night all 5 of them and it was really great just to spend that little alone time catching up. My hubby made an assortment of dishes - enough to feed an army and we ate to our hearts content. The corn- on -the -cob that The Solatka's gave away - was a really big hit and yummy- as was the fried potatoes. We visited well into the late evening and that's where the fun began. Where was everyone going to sleep? They eventually left the decision up to me- and out of habit I put Matthew in our bed. They took the living room- which in my mind was a very smart move considering its the coolest room in the house. Though they left early this morning- the fun carried over til tonight. The majority of us got together again - and boy did we have some great laughs covering all sorts of things. They of course were quite puzzled- between my behavior over the weekend and today. Lets just say I wasn't in the grandest of moods then as I was today- and being one who doesn't always pick -up on a persons body language it apparently makes a big difference. Obviously the happy - calmer me wins hands down-and here lately she has been in hiding.

On a sad note Jackie didn't really get to visit as much as she'd like. We gave her Sunday off to visit and to enjoy the company. She joined her school's softball league- and this week has been busy. On Saturday alone- she had two games and that took almost all day. She played yesterday, today and has another one tomorrow. The good news is she is excited - they won the last two games.

I'd better be going. didn't realize it was so late and I hear a storm a brewing and that means the computer has to go off. So goodnight!!

5 comments:

JeanMac said...

I love having lots of company - last summer we had 7 people arrive- 5 unexpected. Had enough beds for 4 but the girls slept in the living room and had a fun time. Hope you have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Well, it nice to hear that the better side of you has shown up again. I believe it is all a matter of attitude...Greater is HE that is in you, Then he that is in the world. Pastor

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a good visit with your relatives.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back ~ It's nice that you were able to visit and have fun with your family.

Debbie said...

I am glad you were able to spend some time with your family.