Monday, August 20, 2007

Trip Highlights

We'll were home again and I couldn't be happier. It was a nice time away with the highlight being the anniversary party itself. Nothing like a 50TH being celebrated in 102 degree heat. And let me tell you - the kids and there were many put a new spin on tarred & feathered. They found out the fountain not only had a spicket for drinking- but an attachment below for filling perhaps buckets. Next thing you know - they were filling cups, bottles whatever they had at their disposal to relief themselves, for the littlest ones had made a big muddy pool and had no intention of moving. After they were good and soaked (myself included- for I let my kids pour water all over me) we ended up at the playground and it seemed to be padded with Hay, dead grass - whatever. All I know it was soft, messy and stuck to you like glue. I wore black and put Matt in white and light blue, which was a big mistake because it took many washings to get those clothes clean- and lets just say his shirt will never be the same again.


It was just as nice to see a good majority of my cousins show up- many of whom I haven't seen in years- and when the girls had asked who they were playing with- and I said cousins in some shape or form- they couldn't believe their ears. It bought back so many good memories to see some- The one that stands out most- Larry. Though he is older- he always was lots of fun to see and used to pick on me whenever we visited. We even had cousins show up from my dads side which was really cool- many knew of each other- they just didn't realize they both had the same Aunt Linda. I'd say with little ones included there were about 50-100 people and enough meat to feed an even larger army because though it was a very good turn out not all the guests showed up. The Decorations were kept simple - they had the children make posters and the adults tape pictures to them- It seemed if some were just taken yesterday- when in fact it has been 20+ years. I happily snatched the one I found of my brother, father and I. The important thing is my aunt and uncle enjoyed themselves and that's really all that matters.

6 comments:

JeanMac said...

Sounds like a good time.

Debbie said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time remembering and making new memories! Glad your back ~ we missed you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. Just rub it in big sister.

Kris's Korner said...

Let me at the shirt. I love a cleaning challenge. I;m glad your back. I'm thankful you had a godd time.

Anonymous said...

IT WAS NICE TO SEE EVERYONE. I JUST WISH THEY WERE CLOSER SO WE DIDN'T HAVE TO TRAVEL FAR.
MOM