Friday, May 25, 2007

Great Reading

I'm happy to report I've put away my sudoku puzzles for the time being, for the fact being is I've found some great books that I've been enjoying very much here lately. So much so I find it hard to put them down~ and just wanted to share.

1. Miriam's Well~ Stories about women in the Bible~ by Alice Bach & J. Cheryl Exum.( very good book and interesting too- I did learn alot of things.)

2. Songs of Glory~ stories of 300 great hyms & gospel songs~ by William J. Reynolds. ( absolutely fascinating.)

When I came across this second book, I was actually looking for the version I've seen in several of your homes but had no luck, so if you could help me out with title and author ? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not only been learning exciting things from books, but from family trees. I learned that a Mary Alice ~ an Indian had married a Slone ancestor back in the 1700's whom after bearing several children and living til a ripe age was found dead without her head. Believed to be the result of her disloyality to her own people. I also learned that my hubby has many more uncles and aunts than I orignally thought, While I've met some of them~~ many others are deceased. ~~ I find all this exciting and had it not been for my Hubby sending me to search a different site I would of never gotten here.



4 comments:

Trish said...

Your blog looks SOOOOOO pretty! I am glad you've had some time to read some good books. They sound like some I should read!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

This is so neat! Thanks for the book ideas!

Debbie said...

That is interesting! I am glad you found some books.

Mrs Karen G said...

This is wonderful , I love to see where my extended family are, I know there are a bunch... and I would like to see the song book sometime, HUGS