Friday, March 23, 2007

My dad's family

Jack C. Ray( Feb.1949-June 1991)

Well I did it. My sister Angie started doing a family tree on our father's side, & she is so excited & just wanted someones input. So when she found out I had the Internet, How could I not go exploring . She has been at this for a while and has come far & She has even traced some to guess where? Wayne County West Virginia about 30-45 min. drive from Jr's family. & she is even trying to convince me that next time We go for a visit I should go meet these strangers & I say she is out of her mind. I'm all for learning the history of the Ray Family, but meeting those I've never seen is a completely different matter. Though plans are in the work for us to one day to get together to go to Pike, Kentucky to see some family heirlooms. A cousin has all our grandfather's plumbing tools on display. Now that would be neat to see. I know the Ray Cemetery is there, as is the one room school house that some Rays attended & I wouldn't be surprised if someone is either living or attending to the old homestead. I'm happy for her progress, but it's too time consuming for me & I would be out of mind. I'll leave it up to her as when to stop & in the meantime I can contribute some stories & photos.

4 comments:

Kris's Korner said...

That sounds very interesting to me as well. Let us know how the search goes.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

How nice that your sister is finding some info on your family! I know that if they meet YOU they will love you! We all sure do!!!

Anonymous said...

That is neat that your family and Ed's families live close together. I can't wait to hear the stories.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim did your dad have a brother named James or Jimmy? Ron worked with a guy named Jimmy who was from West Virginia, who looks alot like your dad. I wonder if they were related.