Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This & That

Its only Tuesday ~ and a what week it has been. On Sunday we had the Todd and Grosse families over for an early dinner and for the annual Founders Day Parade~ and the best part we had front row seats~ it passes our house every year. It wasn't nearly as nice as last year, but still it was a good parade and perhaps the best part was spending the afternoon with friends. ( see photobucket post below). Matthews' favorite was of course the fire trucks, ( which he calls Sam from watching an old show Fireman Sam) I always enjoy the marching bands and the Jesse White tumblers while the children prefer to collect candy.

Then on Monday the girls stayed home from school for different reasons, and believe me it was a long day. Matthew got up at 4:30 am ( b/c he went to bed @ 6:00pm Sunday.), Jr was worn out and needed his rest, and someone ~ that would be me~ had to get Jackie to the doctor first thing to be looked at for some stomach pains she had been experiencing, then we were off to Quest for blood/ urine work to determine if she had an infection ( appendix perhaps), and that only made the day longer b/c she wasn't allowed to eat anything besides soup and liquids and I had to watch to make sure she didn't get solids. which brings me to today.......

Good news.......... She doesn't have an infection~ I won't have to sit through another appendix surgery nor have to worry about a sitter. We still aren't sure what the culprit is but the doctor recommended an over the counter medicine and that seemed to help alot, Amanda seems to be feeling better too w/ the aide of an antibiotics. and tomorrow they will return to school~ I'm relieved and thankful too~ God gave me the strength, the guidance I needed, and an answered payer for the well being of my children.

2 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

You have been a very busy lady!

JeanMac said...

Glad the news was good.