Saturday, September 6, 2008

Enjoying time w/ others

It only took eight almost nine months for my husband to take me out and away as he had promised but the important thing is it finally happened. We stayed at the Embassy suites in Lombard and it was nice, there was a little river/creek whatever you call it running through the middle of the reception area complete w/ a fountain, waterfall and real fish~ cool!. we enjoyed a quiet lunch & dinner out and spending time together, as my mother watched my children. They had a fun day @ the zoo with their Nana and my brother Bill's family and got to see the new baby giraffe & in the evening got to bake cakes for the cake parade at church.

We really have been busy enjoying family this last month. We've spent several evenings at my brother-in-law's house getting to watch the romeo fest fire works, and just celebrated his and his wives 20Th wedding anniversary~ that was lots of fun. Last weekend we went to his sisters for a Labor Day gathering & Matt's kiddie version of bags came in real handy, he's already got a strong arm and good aim & in no time at all he'll be ready for the bigger boards.

This summer also bought time w/ other family members which I haven't seen in a couple years. My cousin hosted a gathering which was extra special b/c I got to spend time w/him, my mom & both my brothers & all their families. Which brings me to another special day & that would be.....

Today. It was great seeing, hearing, & spending time w/ friends. Everyone looked really nice, and that song" Chocolate Fever" was out of this world, though I didn't indulge in any, but considering it was a friendship tea, well let's just say I had more than enough and I'm surprised my bladder held. The skit the ladies did was really fantastic which I'm not surprised b/c who ever it might be at any given time always do an awesome job. Thank you Mrs. Julie, Mrs. Lapina and all the Ladies for another memorable day.

5 comments:

JeanMac said...

Sounds like a great family summer - savor those memories.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

It was great to see you there!

Anonymous said...

How nice that you and your hubby had some alone time and so much time with family too.

Kris's Korner said...

It was wonderful too see you out at the friendship tea.

Mrs Karen G said...

Im glad we made it to the tea, LOL, I had a wonderful time as well, HUGS mdf.