Saturday, October 6, 2007

A poem

I wrote this little poem many years ago, and though I'm big on the believe of accepting all others in this world ~ I sometimes struggle w/ accepting myself and in penning this I think perhaps I was trying to get in touch w/ my inner self , though I wasn't saved nor married at the time I think God was speaking to me, even then that He had a plan, but the first step was actually believing in myself . I have over the years changed the title several times, but the concept has been altered. So bear w/ me as I attempt to share ~ for I know there are many out there that can relate- and after all it did come from the heart.

FRIEND

I have a good friend called she

She is the closet friend I've got

She is alot like me, in many ways
& specializes in talk, which some-
times appears to be non stop
She comes from a place called
inner, a destination well known
to all
~~~~~~~~
She needs a little self confidence
a little style to make her glare
& a more positive attitude to show
that she really does care
~~~~~~~
She is a dreamer, a poet too
a good friend to all & that's why
I choose her to be a friend of mine
& we always seem to get along fine
~~~~~~~~
When we disagree, I feel like I should
cry, b/cause its not good for her nor
me to get into a fight, because pals
are what we are & that's how it will always
be, until the day we part, and that will never
be because she and me are we.

Kim R.

5 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I love the poem, how beautiful. And I love you. It is good to see you reaching out to love YOU too!

JeanMac said...

That's so touching, Kim.

Trish said...

That is a very nice poem. You are very gifted! And a great blessing to those around you. Oh yeah, and you are loved a lot too! :-)

Kris's Korner said...

very nice poam. Thank You for the great post.

Mrs Karen G said...

Ive always loved your poems, loved hearing the too, post some more please, love ya , HUGS