Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just remembering

Though it's been a week already since Pastor taught about "The Message of Hope" it has been has been tucking at my heart as I recall a girlfriend back in elementary school. Then I didn't know about Salvation but I did take her to my safe place~ A non denominational church I attended and the only person I thought understood and that was my Sunday School teacher and also my teacher at Awanas'. I took her maybe a couple times on Wednesday Nights~ She was safe, cared for and had know 3 caring friends if we include our Speech teacher. At that time I didn't know how she managed to get out of her house but now being older I know God had a hand in it. Her father was a very abusive man, he didn't allow her to change clothes daily & seldom allowed her to bathe and out of fear of being beat herself~ her mother never stood up for her~ If I remember she had a brother who was taken care of a tad bit better. We had an awesome speech teacher who helped w/ providing her a place to wash, food to eat and on occasion a change of clothes. The other kids would tease her and me often. They'd tease me for being her friend, I didn't care I was taught acceptance. Her outward appearance didn't matter, she was a human being just as we were and that's what counted. This is where "hope" comes in~ after several months which seemed like eternity ~ She and her sibling were removed and taken to a better place. She would not be allowed to stay in contact, or give her new name for safety sake~ I was sad but happy that she would be safe and that was hope enough for me. The End!!

6 comments:

JeanMac said...

Kim, you have a huge,loving heart.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a precious testimony! You have a kind heart!

Debbie said...

That is a touching story. Thank you for sharing it. You are a wonderful friend.

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris's Korner said...

You are a good friend. Thank You for that sweet story.

R. L. Evans said...

That was a very touching story Kim