Saturday, April 26, 2008

Frames~ and several of them

It's been sitting there~ behind the dresser collecting dust & little scratches nearly 2 yrs. this summer. But it finally made its transition to the wall. I'm talking a big picture frame that holds a variety of sizes 41 in all. It's something I bought several years ago to accommodate pictures of a large family that's still growing. Karen lovingly started it for me the same year I bought it but we never finished it. I had made myself a vow to have a picture of my newest family members up before they arrive for their visit and I've accomplished it. I didn't do it alone though.~ It was God who gave me the time & patience to finalize it and I'm so thankful ....and then there is the scanner~ I used it several times to make copies of the original and then windows to retrieve and fix ones I had installed from the digital and of course I have to mention freebies. I downloaded a free trial version of Pic Prints and there you can customize the sizes you need~ how cool is that? The biggest challenge was measuring the different sizes~ a ruler would have been nice but of course you can't never find one when you need it so I used one of those protector rulers and it wasn't to bad. I did however find out its alot easier to fit them on a flat surface than a mattress~ and then it was smooth sailing from there. I'm so excited that its done. Over the course of the last few years I've gotten lots of neat frames mainly as presents and I've been filling those as well and still have yet more to go . Its' deciding what pictures to use and well I went looking and couldn't find them~ so I'll have to try other places~ I know God will present them when he is ready and I'll be patient and will wait til then. It's getting late and I'm tired so to all of you ~ have a good night.

6 comments:

Donna said...

That is so neat that you were able to take care of this. I must confess I have a hallway that I would like to have pictures in too! I'm sure your pictures are beautiful.

Kris's Korner said...

Good for you Kim. I can't wait to see the finished product. This is a GREAT idea. enjoy!!!!!!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Good for you! I need to do this too!

Trish said...

That sounds so nice! Are we going to get to see pics of your pics? That program you mentioned sounds really good -- I'm going to have to look into that!

Debbie said...

Good job! Isn't it fun getting it done!

JeanMac said...

Yeah, one big job done!