Friday, January 18, 2008

A wonderful scene

During this past week I'd had the opportunity to share my Bible with a fellow patient @the hospital. He desperately wanted to read the Word and went about inquiring the nurse station~ specially asking for the James version. I'd happened to overhear and asked him if he meant the King James Bible. He said yes and I sent him on his way w/ my copy. He was so happy and seemed a little more at peace. I'd planned on reading my Bible at every opportunity available so I called home and requested another copy. I placed it on the table in the eating area so that he could read @ anytime. What surprised me was how many of them picked it up and was actually reading the Word. Out of 7 of us 4 read a passage here and there. It was really nice to be able to talk about God w/ another christian. We also discussed outside support groups and how Church was a very good choice. I wouldn't be surprised if the counsellors read the Word while we were asleep. Most of the counsellors didn't seem to mind much about us talking God, The Word and religion. The same gentleman that I mentioned above even wrote a verse on the dry erase board and then here came a counsellor/ nurse who made him erase it. He used a verse w/ yoke in it~ and this lady just assumed he was being mean and told him that was not nice. Together we told her it's a biblical word found in the Bible and trying to prove us wrong~ she had to go on a definition hunt. A short while later she emerged and apologized for she had found other meanings of that word. I saw first hand how the Word had calmed and bought peace to those souls and how the Lord used me. I left that extra Bible knowing that God would use it to bring others hope , encouragement and love during these stages of trail & tribulations.

5 comments:

Kris's Korner said...

What a blessing that you were able to be a witness. You keep your chin up sweetie. I WILL SEE YOU SUNDAY RIGHT.

JeanMac said...

Hi Kim - with you in spirit Love J

Trish said...

How wonderful to hear that you were used by God to be a blessing to others! I am sure it will be a great help to have God's Word there for others to see and read.

Debbie said...

That is wonderful that you were able to help!

Anonymous said...

You amaze me sometimes Kim. Even in the middle of your situation you still seen the needs of those around you and found a way to help them - you are a good friend to many!