Saturday, January 5, 2008

The mystery is over.

As some of you know, I've been having some heal pain in my leftFoot for sometime~ the question most often asked Was did you hit it, step on something? and etc. Of course being the difficult one that I can sometimes be I didn't consult the doctor til the pain worsened and didn't take pain meds neither. Well worse came to worse til I began slightly limping and the pain was consistent both night & day. Today was the day that I finally got an answer! It was a bone spur as some of you had speculated & YES I did receive the cortisone shot~ Thanks to many of you who had warned me. What I wasn't prepared for ~ was the pain associated with it. I had a really cool doctor w/ a great sense of humor~ only rule not to kick him Kick Me would have be quite difficult considering he had a good grip~ so I screamed loud with the accompanying ouch and begging for him to stop~ my lovely little Amanda thought it was funny~ making a sign teasing me w/ ha, ha times two. All was good and fun til the shot wore off about an hour later. For the time being I have foot exercises I need to do twice daily, wear temporary orthopedic in-soles, and take a prescription pain med twice daily as well. That I'm not crazy about and will take it only as needed~ I mean I did deal w/ some discomfort for the months leading up til now ~ so I have become some what tolerant to the associated symptoms. The other cool thing besides having a good doctor, was getting my feet fitted for the permanent in-soles with warm plaster which I'll get in 3 -4 weeks time. Please pray I do all that is recommended to get back on my feet Thank You . and yes for the time being I feel alright, still limping a tad bit but with a little more comfort~ the pain med is kicking in.

4 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

Bone Spur OUCH! Just saying the words hurt. Thank you for the advice I'll definitely try it next time.

Kris's Korner said...

OUCH!!!! I hope that youu are feeling better soon. I will pray for you dear.

Mrs Karen G said...

About time indeed girl, good to see you out and about, next time we all will just have to tell pastor on you, HAHAHA!

Debbie said...

I am glad you know what you are dealing with now. I hope that it feels better soon.