Monday, March 17, 2008

Windows~~ and more Windows

Hi, just wanted to share one of our newer computer toys, not the actual one but similar. It was a gift from a family member and its so cool. At first thought it was a key chain, but its an actual working mouse and we really like using it. As for the computer itself~lets just say PROBLEMS. I can still get to the Internet and the places I want to be~ its the windows itself that's not working. I did some sort of upgrade and didn't register it w/ the 30 days so now I've been informed that version has expired. I accept responsibility but how much money do they think its worth. It came w/ windows vista. I've contacted Microsoft multiply times & have talked to the various departments who then tell me to contact manufacture~ who won't help because the warranty has expired and they are only willing to help for the cost of $60~ all this run around has left one unhappy customer. I'm having my sister in law look at it and from there we will see what to do~ I'd personally prefer to just buy the upgrade through Best Buy if that's what it takes~ but only time will tell~ its not that it matters~we don't use windows often except to download pictures and school reports. It can wait. As we are on the subject of windows~ I have exciting news. Are you ready? I got brand new widows in the front room ~ and get this they can actually be opened & closed~ haven't had that in this room in the 15 years we lived here. Almost unbelievable~ had them opened a couple days ago when it was nice outside. The girls got new windows in their rooms also. It's nice to have ones that are easier to rise and that's a great advantage~ only disadvantage worrying if they are sealed and locked when we leave for long periods of time~ shouldn't be to concerned we live in a pretty safe area but one can't help to be safe~ crimes do happen everywhere. They will take getting used to ~ but when those nice little breezes come floating through during the upcoming days of spring and summer we'll be ready. I've got to be going ~ have a great evening.

3 comments:

Kris's Korner said...

New windows. How fun. Sorry you are having trouble with the computer. I will pray for you about this. Have a great day.

JeanMac said...

What a treat to have windows which open! Our living room windows are just sealed glass - but we have a patio door!
Computers - love them and hate them!I guess we mostly love them.

Mrs Karen G said...

I've seen the windows and they look great, they look soo nice and clean, wtg Kim. The mouse thingy is sooo cute and so tiny, I think the picture is sooo close to the acual size.
HUGS