Friday, March 7, 2008

Hello!! Blogging buddies. Here to tell ya things are going fair. Last week was our Ladies Conference and I'm so glad I made the decision to go~ I of course proscrinated til the last minute. A little push from my doctor and Karen spending the night~ there would of been no way out. I really liked hearing the ladies give their testimonies~and I'm so proud of Karen~ she accomplished one of her greatest fears or perhaps two~ one being public speaking and to such a large crowd and two being the crowd itself. I was happy & surprised to see the other Kim and Joann. I had the privilege of sharing a table with Kim and getting to know her better and many other ladies as well. But to tell you honestly~ I didn't know if I'd survive the whole day. I had come down w/ the flu the prior Wednesday and was taking meds on a steady schedule b/c I was determined I was going to be there. The only thing I sort of resent~ I didn't really fellowship much as I'd liked~ I had worn Karen's shoes which were a bit tight and had a heal much higher than I'm used too because the new ones I bought were more than a tad bit to big and I didn't feel very comfortable running around in just stocking feet and I was extremely tired~ only slept maybe three hrs~ Matthew ad been up & down with a stomach ache and I was having an anxiety moment~ fearing I wouldn't be up in time to bathe and get ready. You'd think given the fact I knew I needed an outfit - I would of been prepared~ but no not me~ I left that to the very last minute only to discover I'd grown in the midsection and that my nice shirts weren't exactly roomy and flowing as previous years and the only other one that would of perhaps fitted I must of loaned it to my mom b/c its missing in action. Given all these small petty things~ I was was up and ready to go in plenty of time and had a great time. Thank you to all who participated in making it a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

JeanMac said...

Got to give you credit, Kim, you're a real trooper! Take care.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

It was so good to have you there! Love You!

Mrs Karen G said...

I'm so glad you got to go too, your a great friend.
HUGS

Kris's Korner said...

You are so cute. You make me laugh. I'm glad you made it to the conference and I love you.

Debbie said...

I am glad you went to the conference; it was a blessing. I love how real you are with your story; it is an encouragement to see you keep moving on to the next thing.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.